Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

One side of an equilateral triangle is 24cm. The mid points of its sides are joined to form another triangle. Again , joining the mid points of this triangle forms  another triangle and the process is continued infinitely. Determine the sum of the perimeters of all such triangles. 

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

for first triangle perimeter = 3 *24 = 72

for second , ( its sides would be half the first one  )

perimeter =  3 * 24 /2  = 72 /2

for third , perimeter =  3 * (24/2 )/2  = 72 / 4

and so on 

so the sum of perimeter will be =  

72 + 72/2 +72 /4 +72/ 8 + .......................

= 72 ( 1 + 1/2 +1/4 + 1/8 +........................)

= 72 { 1/( 1-1/2) }                  { sum of ∞ g.p. = a/ 1-r )

= 72 *2

= 144 cm

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

i am facing problems in solving questions from topic quadratic equations .from which book should i study the topic?
Hii You can go for Arihant books or TMH for practising questions of Quadratic eqns
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
@ tanbro what u can do is frst brush up your besics from ncert , then move ahead , after that take math by m l khanna and problems in maths by a dasgupta ,, they have explained each and...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Arihant book on algebra will give good variety of question similar to what is asked in JEE . The book also have sufficient theory to get you started. Higher algebra by hall and knight is...
Ajay 2 months ago
How To Solve These type of equations... (9x 2- 3x-2)(x 2 -3x+2)=21. what is the Value(s) of “x”??
PFA Otherwise u can form biquadratic and take 21 on other side and try factorizing using hit and trial.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Write the equation as (3x+1)(3x-2)(x-1)(x-2) = 21 Club the 2 nd and 3 rd factors, and 1 st and 4 th factor to get (3x 2 -5x+2)(3x 2 -5x+2) = 21 or (3 x 2 -5x) 2 – 4 = 21 from which 3x 2 -5x ...
mycroft holmes one month ago
But ,I also want to know how many of the roots are irrational or rational. How I can judje this on number line.
Kuldeep Pal one month ago
let Wdenotes the word in the dictionary.define the relation R by: R={(x,y)belongs toW*W the words x and y have at least one letter in common}.then R is
Dictionary contains how many words ? or atleast provide the condition by which dictionary is formed. Please specify as the question is incomplete.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
the area enclosed by the region 2|x|+3|y|
Take the cases and solve it: Casse 1: when x > 0 2x + |y} = a incomplete qstn. plz provide the R.H.S side component.|
Vikas TU 4 months ago
Largest gp between 100 and 1000 will ooiiiooooooooiuuuuuhhhhhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjkk
@ ankkit Kindly recheck the question and do get back to us . yes , there is a large gap between 10 and 100 with many integers , rational number , whole number within it . tell me what...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
If f(x) is a polynomial and f:R->R such that f(2x)=f'(x).f''(x). Find f(3).
Here is my attempt to solution, let me know if it is correct........................................................................
Ajay 3 months ago
Suppose that f(x) is an infinite degree polynomial i.e. f(x)=exp(x), and satiesfied the given condition f(2x)=f’(x)f”(x). Thus the value of f(3)=exp(3).
Kumar one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn