Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

For what integral value of n, is 3π the period of the function

cos(nx) sin(5x/n)

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

For a function to be periodic f(x+T) = f(x)

i.e.     cos[n(x+T)]sin[5(x+T)/n]=cos(nx)sin(5x/n)

but period of a function is a positive real no. independent of x.

If cos(nT)=0    => nT=[(2K+1)PI/2]     =>3PI(n) =[(2K+1)PI/2]      =>(2K+1)=6n

=>3n-k=1/2      which is not possible as n and k both are integral values

sin(5T/n)=0            =>(5T/n) =(k)pi        =>15/k=n

Now k is an integral value and thus n can attain 8 integral values   ±1 ,±3  ,±5  ,±15

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

If A1,A2,A3, in AP such that, A1+A5+A10+A15+A20+A24=225, then, A1+A2+A3+...A23+A24 is equal to?
A1,A2,A3, in AP the write in common terms of a and d. .i.e. A1 = a A2 =a+d A3 =a+2d . . A24 = a+23d summing all we get, 4(6a+69d) = > 4*225 = 900 perhaps.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
u can also solve in such way, (A1+A24) +(A5+A20) +(A10+A15)=225. THEREFORE 3(A1+A24)=225 (A1+A24)=75. NOW SUM=24/12(A1+A24) =900
krunal 2 months ago
Sir can you tell me the solution of this complex number question in the attachment? The answer is A,D
Several ways to approach this: Write where So since Hence So either z is purely imaginary or z=0. (z=0 is possible when z 1 =-z 2 which is permitted with the restrictions mentioned in the...
mycroft holmes 2 months ago
put z1 = x1 +iy1 and'z2 = x2 + iy2 simple and also thiss is given as: (x1)^2 + (y1)^2 = (x2)^2 + (y2)^2. Us ethis info.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
If a,b,c are in ap then show that1/ba, 1/ca, 1/ab are in ap
If a,b,c are in ap, then their common difference would be: b – a and c-b and therfore, 2b = a+c..................(1) If 1/ba, 1/ca, 1/cb are in A.P, then 2/ca = 1/ba + 1/cb taking L.C.M abc ...
Vikas TU 26 days ago
If a,b,c are in AP, then c,b,a are in AP which means c/abc, b/abc, a/abc are in AP which gives 1/ab, 1/bc, 1ca are in AP.
mycroft holmes 25 days ago
Consider to curves ax 2 + 4xy + 2y 2 + x + y + 5 =0 and ax 2 + 6xy + 5y 2 + 2x + 3y + 8 = 0 . These two curves intersect at 4 concyclic points . Find ‘a’
Apply Faamily of circles concept here. that is : S1 + kS2 = 0 and then for the concylic concept it must be a circle. therfore coeff. of xy should be zero and coeff. of x^2 and coeff. of y^2 ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
I think the question is under different calculus so you must be asking differentition of sinx .so ans is cos x.
Raghu Vamshi Hemadri one year ago
I think the question is under different calculus so you must be asking differentition of sinx .so ans is cos x.
Nikhil Upadhyay one year ago
ask question properly
SHANMUKESHWAR one year ago
What is bionamial series and what are use of this series
Hello Prabhakar In mathematics, the binomial series is the Maclaurin series for the function given by , where is an arbitrary complex number.
Gaddam Chethan 10 months ago
my dear in our mahe matics binomila series plays a very important role and it will helps us in engineering we need ro concentrate on that one.this is the main prat of this...
dear prabha....... if we expand the small pollynomial to the big and large pollynomial.then it is called binomial serice.with the help of binomial serice we find the solution of complex...
mohan 9 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn