Get extra R 550 off

Find the mean, median, mode, and range for the following list of values:

13, 18, 13, 14, 13, 16, 14, 21, 13

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Hi Ritu....

The mean is the usual average, so:

(13 + 18 + 13 + 14 + 13 + 16 + 14 + 21 + 13) ÷ 9 = 15

Note that the mean isn't a value from the original list. This is a common result. You should not assume that your mean will be one of your original numbers.

The median is the middle value, so I'll have to rewrite the list in order:

13, 13, 13, 13, 14, 14, 16, 18, 2

There are nine numbers in the list, so the middle one will be the (9 + 1) ÷ 2 = 10 ÷ 2 = 5th number:

13, 13, 13, 13, 14, 14, 16, 18, 21

So the median is 14.  

The mode is the number that is repeated more often than any other, so 13 is the mode.

The largest value in the list is 21, and the smallest is 13, so the range is 21 – 13 = 8.

mean: 15

median: 14

mode: 13

range: 8

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

sir could you please help me solving with the question
Hint: Its an question based on P and C. Here you need to take different cases. Since Y and Z do not have any common element. So that the cases like Case 1 – Y is any one element from X...
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
Every element of X has three choices – (i) belong to Y (ii) belong to Z (iii) belong to neither So, the total number of ways = 3 5 = 243. (including the possibility that both Y and Z are...
mycroft holmes 3 months ago
How To Solve These type of equations... (9x 2- 3x-2)(x 2 -3x+2)=21. what is the Value(s) of “x”??
PFA Otherwise u can form biquadratic and take 21 on other side and try factorizing using hit and trial.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Write the equation as (3x+1)(3x-2)(x-1)(x-2) = 21 Club the 2 nd and 3 rd factors, and 1 st and 4 th factor to get (3x 2 -5x+2)(3x 2 -5x+2) = 21 or (3 x 2 -5x) 2 – 4 = 21 from which 3x 2 -5x ...
mycroft holmes one month ago
But ,I also want to know how many of the roots are irrational or rational. How I can judje this on number line.
Kuldeep Pal one month ago
i want video for strictly and strictly decreasing function
Google – fNp69step6Q and 28uAm2MG0Mo
Anoopam Mishra one year ago
Can`t understand why my answer was disapproved. Search for `fNp69step6Q` and `28uAm2MG0Mo` on Google. T
You’re welcome! After watching the videos please tell me if you liked them.
integrat sqrt(sinx) with limit 0 to pi/2.......................
let sinx = t^2 cosxdx = 2tdt. dx = 2tdt/root(1 – t^4) substitute it then integerate it. it becomes as: 2*(t^2(1-t^4)^-1/2)dt.
Vikas TU 4 months ago
What answer for this sum in differentiate with respect to x
Substitute x= tan(z) in the question then after using identity of cos(2z) u will get the given function as 2∆ I.e. 2*arctan(x) and its differentiation is 2/(1+ x^2)...hope it helps
rishabh 20 days ago
What answer for this sum in differentiate with respect to x ?????? In complete question.... because you write sum, what is mean of sum.
Kumar one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn