Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

A pole stands vertically inside a triangular park Δ ABC. If the angle of elevation of the top of the pole from each corner of the park is same, then in Δ ABC the foot of the pole is at the :
(A) centroid                                 (B) circumcentre
(C) incentre                                 (D) orthocenter.

7 years ago

Answers : (3)

(D) orthocentre

OD is the vertical pole.

Hence <DOA = <DOB = 90

It is given that <OAD = <OBD

OD is common to both triangle AOD and BOD

Hence triangles AOD and BOD are congruent.

Therefore OA = OB.

Similarly, OA = OC.

Therefore o is equidistant from A,B and C, and hence is at the orthocentre.

7 years ago

since the angle of elevation of pole is same, which means for a particular height of pole, the distance of pole feet from and any point A,B,C is same

This means that the feet of pole shld be at centroid of triangle ABC

7 years ago

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

Find the value of : square root of (-3+4i) Sorry this sentence is just to incrase characters.
@Vikas TU please write the correct in place of that solution . again , this line is to incrase the number of characters .
Divyansh Thada one month ago
let square root of (-3+4i) = x + iy squaring both sides, -3 + 4i = x^2 – y^2 +2xyi comparing both sides we get, x^2 – y^2 = – 3................(1) and 2xy = 4 xy = 2...................(2)...
Vikas TU one month ago
Where can I get solutions of ml khanna or A das gupta?
@ pratyay there is a separate book coming , on the name of SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS IN IIT MATHS BY A DAS GUPTA , by bharti bhawan , just take it , it explained each and every ques of a das...
Umakant biswal one month ago
The minimum |z| satisfying |z+1/z| = 2 is ...........?
The answer is -1+ as shown below......................................................................................
Ajay 2 months ago
Please read the question again. I want to find the minimum |z| Please tell me how to use Triangle Inequality in this..
Anshuman Mohanty 2 months ago
Put z = x+iy => |x + iy + 1/(x + iy)| => |[(x+iy)^2 + 1]/(x+iy)| =>|x^2 – y^2 + 2xyi + 1|/|x+iy| => root[(x^2 – y^2 +1)^2 + 1]/root(x^2 + y^2) Now solve it and compare it.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Find domain and range and describe nature of graph sir
It will be great if u can specifically pick example so that i can explain in better way. In general u draw vertical linealonggraph, itwill represent range where horizontal line paralle to x...
Harsh Patodia one month ago
if 1+sin a =9 cos a then 5(1-cos a) if 1+sin a =9 cos a & 0
Dear Student, Please write your question clearly. Its not clearly formatted. Thanks, Vijay
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
Dear Yathisth, as this question is uncleared i have answered this question. check again, 1+sin a=9 cos a Divide by cosa both sides, we get seca + tana = 9 seca = 9 – tana squaring both...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
Ramu and Rehan appeared for summative assessment examination in the month of September. Their academic session started in the month of April. After how many months of the start of the...
Dear Student, According to given conditions, after 5 months the examination was started. Thanks.
Vijay Mukati 7 months ago
April, May, June, July, Aug i.e. 5months
Harsh Patodia 7 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts