Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

Hi ...plzzz explain how to apply Cramer's Rule and also demonstrates the technique.

Thanx in advance!!!!

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

Given a system of linear equations, Cramer's Rule is a handy way to solve for just one of the variables without having to solve the whole system of equations. They don't usually teach Cramer's Rule this way, but this is supposed to be the point of the Rule: instead of solving the entire system of equations, you can use Cramer's to solve for just one single variable.

Let's use the following system of equations:

2x +   y + z = 3

x –   yz = 0

x + 2y + z = 0

We have the left-hand side of the system with the variables (the "coefficient matrix") and the right-hand side with the answer values. Let D be the determinant of the coefficient matrix of the above system, and let Dx be the determinant formed by replacing the x-column values with the answer-column values:

Cramer's Rule says that x = Dx ÷ D, y = Dy ÷ D, and z = Dz ÷ D. That is:

x = 3/3 = 1,  y = –6/3 = –2,  and  z = 9/3 = 3

That's all there is to Cramer's Rule. To find whichever variable you want (call it "ß" or "beta"), just evaluate the determinant quotient Dß ÷ D. (Please don't ask me to explain why this works. Just trust me that determinants can work many kinds of magic.)

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

find the sum of the given series. description given in the image
Harsh Patodia one month ago
(r 2 +1) . r! = (r 2 +2r+1).r! -2r.r! = (r+1) 2 r! – 2r.r! = (r+1) (r+1)r! – 2r.r! = (r+1).(r+1)! – r.r! – r.r! =[(r+1).(r+1)! – r.r!] – [(r+1)! – r!] Thus, the summation is seen to be sum...
mycroft holmes one month ago
sir could you please help me solving with the question
Hint: Its an question based on P and C. Here you need to take different cases. Since Y and Z do not have any common element. So that the cases like Case 1 – Y is any one element from X...
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
Every element of X has three choices – (i) belong to Y (ii) belong to Z (iii) belong to neither So, the total number of ways = 3 5 = 243. (including the possibility that both Y and Z are...
mycroft holmes 3 months ago
no of sol. of Ix+2I+IxI+Ix-2I=p ,p belongs to Real no. are?
jagdish singh singh one month ago
draw the graph of given eq. hence getting if p=4 we getone sol.i.e x=0 while for all p>4 two solutions.
Pranav Dabhade one month ago
Give me very long seminar points for TOTAL DERIVATIVES ?
TOTAL DERIVATIVES is the derivative of the function with having more than 2 variables. Just like f(x,y,t) or f(x,y,z) And here derivative of f w.r.t t always assumes that all other...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
What is ((Lim n tends to infinity)(summation from r=1 to n)((r)/(n^2 +n + r)))
Please check the question it should be (r)/(n^2 +n * r))) If this is the question then we can solve by applying definite integration as a limit of sum Thanks
Nishant Vora one month ago
jagdish singh singh one month ago
How to find equation of line of intersection of any two planes?
Just equate two planes or subtract them and write P1 -P2 =0 where P1 and P2 are planes
Harsh Patodia 7 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn