Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

Plz solve this problem....

Express 1296x12 – 4320x9y2 + 5400x6y4 – 3000x3y6 + 625y8 in the form (a + b)n.

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

I know that the first term is of the form an, because, for whatever n is, the first term is nC0 (which always equals 1) times an times b0 (which also equals 1). So 1296x12 = an. By the same reasoning, the last term is bn, so 625y8 = bn. And since there are alternating "plus" and "minus" signs, I know from experience that the sign in the middle has to be a "minus". (If all the signs had been "plusses", then the middle sign would have been a "plus" also. But in this case, I'm really looking for "(ab)n".)

I know that, for any power n, the expansion has n + 1 terms. Since this has 5 terms, this tells me that n = 4. So to find a and b, I only have to take the 4th root of the first and last terms of the expanded polynomial:

Then a = 6x3, b = 5y2, there is a "minus" sign in the middle, and:

1296x12 – 4320x9y2 + 5400x6y4 – 3000x3y6 + 625y8 = (6x3 – 5y2)4

Don't let the Binomial Theorem scare you. It's just another formula to memorize. A really complicated and annoying formula, I'll grant you, but just a formula, nonetheless. Don't overthink the Theorem; there is nothing deep or meaningful here. Just memorize it, and move on.

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

IF a+b+c=6 and a b c are positive real no. prove that 1/(6-a)+1/(6-b)+1/(6-c) is greater than equal to3/4
Setting (6-a) = x, (6-b) = y, (6-c) = z, we have x+y+z = 12, x,y,z>0 From AM-GM we have which means The explanation for the inequality cited above can be found online or do let me know in...
mycroft holmes 3 months ago
Very nice explanation hsbhatt sir
jagdish singh singh 3 months ago
jagdish singh singh 3 months ago
i am facing problems in solving questions from topic quadratic equations .from which book should i study the topic?
Hii You can go for Arihant books or TMH for practising questions of Quadratic eqns
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
@ tanbro what u can do is frst brush up your besics from ncert , then move ahead , after that take math by m l khanna and problems in maths by a dasgupta ,, they have explained each and...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Arihant book on algebra will give good variety of question similar to what is asked in JEE . The book also have sufficient theory to get you started. Higher algebra by hall and knight is...
Ajay 2 months ago
find all the integral solutions of the system: 35x+63y+45z = 1 , mode x
Question is incomplete. Please put the complete question.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
defination of the measurement and vectors write it clearly
Scalar or dot product of two vectors a and b is defined as a . b = | a | | b | cos θ where θ = ( a . b ) and 0 ≤ θ 180 o . 2. a . b = 0 ⇒ a = 0 or b = 0 or ( a . b ) = 90 o . 3. a . b = | a ...
Please answer this question. I tried all possible ways I could.
Hence the required ratio is...
mycroft holmes yesterday
find the maximum and minimum value of g(x) = x^3 + 1 plz reply as fast as you can
the given function is g(x)=x^3+1 for determining maximum and minimum values we have to find out that the given function is increasing or decreasing so differentiate the given function on...
SREEKANTH 4 months ago
g(x) = x^3 + 1 differentiate it g’(x) = 3x^2 = 0 hence slope is always positive. the graph will approach to + infinity and – infinity as x increases and decreases. Therfoore maximum and...
Vikas TU 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn