Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

domain, range, graph

7 years ago

Answers : (1)

hi ,

graph is a relation between two sets of values ,  it may be any mathematical function or any other type of relation....    

domain is the set which is converted by that function into another set  , which is called codomain  . all the possible values in codomain  would  be inbetween  some minimum & maximum  , which is called range.

eg  let a set be      X=   { 2,4, -1, 3, 6, 78}        & a function is given as  f :  y = x^2 -1 

this function  f  converts  set X    into a set Y   as we   get different   y's   by putting different x's in the function  

eg:    y  for  x = 4  will be calculated as   (  4^2 -1) = 15

so our Y will be {3, 15, 0, 8, 35, 6083}    the value of y lies in between 0 & 6083    so this will be the range  of the given function for the given domain , which is our X   &  Y is codomain.

In sort you can think domain as the values which x can take for a given function

& range is the values dat y can take for d given values of x  .

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

let N=(2+1) (2 2 +1) (2 3 +1) …....(2 32 +1) +1 then log 256 N =?
jagdish singh singh one month ago
In the listed image can you tell me how beta*gamma = 2 ….. . . .. ??
The value of gamma is still not correct, either printing mistake or you gave me wrong value. The correct value of gamma is below
Ajay 2 months ago
Thankyou so much............................. …......................................................................!
Anshuman Mohanty 2 months ago
Yes sorry..... . . . .it is not so clear.. ok the values are beta = α + α^2 + α^4 and gamma = α^3 + α^5 + α^7
Anshuman Mohanty 2 months ago
i am facing problems in solving questions from topic quadratic equations .from which book should i study the topic?
Hii You can go for Arihant books or TMH for practising questions of Quadratic eqns
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
@ tanbro what u can do is frst brush up your besics from ncert , then move ahead , after that take math by m l khanna and problems in maths by a dasgupta ,, they have explained each and...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Arihant book on algebra will give good variety of question similar to what is asked in JEE . The book also have sufficient theory to get you started. Higher algebra by hall and knight is...
Ajay 2 months ago
Problem 6...................... Just to reach minimum character limit)
Call the intersection of PF and DQ as G. Since Ang GFE+ Ang GDE = 180 0 , GFED is a cyclic quad and hence G also lies on the incircle. Now join FD. Let Ang FED = b. Then it easily follows...
mycroft holmes yesterday
kindly check the image attached give the solutio with full explaination
According to me you should try to put cosx = t and thus it will convert in simple integration of t^8, but remember to change to change the limits of the integration.
HIMANSHU SAXENA one month ago
Find the equation of the circle having center in the first quadrant, touching the x – axis, having a common tangent y = √3x +4 with the circle x^2 + y^2 + 4x + 4y + 4 = 0 such that the...
Let the equation of the circle having center in the first quadrant, be x^2 + y^2 + 2gx + 2fy + c = 0......................(1) touching the x – axis, .i.e y = 0 put it in eqn. (1), and and...
Vikas TU 3 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn