Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 440 off

Let  f(x)=[n+psinx], x belongs to(0,π), n belongs to Z, p is a prime number and [x] is a greatest integer less than or equal to x.The number of ponts at which f(x) is not differential is

c. 2p+1

d. 2p-1

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

for X belongs to [0,pi] sin x lies in [0,1]

[sinx] is discontinuous at pi/2 , so not differentiable at it

and now considering [n + sin x] where sin x is just shifted by n units along Y axes , but still the values lie in ( n , n+1) and here too the curve will be discontinues/not differentiable at 1 point i.e., at pi/2

now taking p( a prime no.) into consideration,

for p=1 , we have [sinx] with 1 discontinues/not differentiable points

for p=2 , we have [2.sinx] with 3 discontinues/not differentiable points

for p=3 , we have [3.sinx] with 5 discontinues/not differentiable points

for p = p ,it follows to (2p-1) discontinues/not differentiable points

option is D

7 years ago

[n +  p sin x] = n + [p sin x].

The points of discontinuity and hence of non-differentiability are the points where p sin x is an integer. There are no other points of non-differentiability.

So, the points of discontinuity are when sin x = 1/p or 2/p,..., (p-1)/p each of which have two corresponding values of x and sin x = 1, which has a unique solution in the given interval.

That makes 2(p-1)+1 = 2p-1 solutions

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

no of sol. of Ix+2I+IxI+Ix-2I=p ,p belongs to Real no. are?
jagdish singh singh one month ago
draw the graph of given eq. hence getting if p=4 we getone sol.i.e x=0 while for all p>4 two solutions.
Pranav Dabhade one month ago
if x+y+1=3xy,where x (not =)to y,determine value of x+y+1?
There can be lot of possibilties x=0 then y= -1 x= 1 y=1 (Not to be taken as xnot equal to y) x=2 y+1= 6y so y=1/5 Like this other cases can be taken So x+y+1 can have multiple values I...
Harsh Patodia one month ago
By Cauchy Schwarz Ineq you have Let a+b+c+d+e = t. Then we need to prove that t 2 /(t-5) 20 which is equivalent to ptoving that t 2 -20t+100 = (t-10) 2 \ge 0 which is true as any perfect...
mycroft holmes one month ago
Further we have and hence we must have Finally , from which we immediately have …........................................................................................
mycroft holmes one month ago
what is the ramanujans famous number and what is its speciality.........??????????????
mohan “It is the smallest number that can be written as the sum of two cubes in two different ways!” And 1,729 is indeed the smallest such number. And because of this incident, it is now...
Y MANJUNADH 9 months ago
hai mohan 1729 is the Hardy–Ramanujan number after a famous anecdote of the British ... a visit to the hospital to see the Indian mathematician Srinivasa Ramanujan . ... in OEIS) defined as ...
manichandra 9 months ago
1729 is the natural number following 1728 and preceding 1730. 1729 is the Hardy–Ramanujan number after a famous anecdote of the British mathematician G. H. Hardy regarding a visit to the...
T.kumar 9 months ago
Please answer this question. I tried all possible ways I could.
Hence the required ratio is
mycroft holmes 7 days ago
If the vectors −3i + 4 j + λk and μ i + 8 j + 6k are collinear vectors then find λand μ.
Let a = −3 i + 4 j + λk , b = μ i + 8 j + 6k From hyp. a, b are collinear then a = tb ⇒ −3i + 4 j + λk = t(μ i + 8 j + 6k) −3i + 4 j + λk = μt i + 8t j + 6tk Comparing i, j, k coefficients...
KUNCHAM SAMPATH 10 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,000 off

Get extra R 440 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn