Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

find the sum of terms in nth group (1^3),(2^3,3^3),(4^3,5^3,6^3),........

d) none of these

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

Lets first find out the first and last terms of the nth group.

The first terms are cubes of 1,2,4,7,

Sum of k terms = 1+2+4+7+....+tk......................(1)

Sum of (k-1) terms = 1+2+4+7+....+tk-1...............(2)

Subtracting (2) from (1),

Sum of k terms - Sum of (k-1) terms = 1+(2-1)+(4-2)+(7-4)+.....+(tk-tk-1) = 1+1+2+3+...upto k terms = 1+ (Sum of first (k-1) natural numbers

= 1 + (k(k-1))/2

But we also know that Sum of k terms - Sum of (k-1) terms is the kth term. So, kth term is 1 + (k(k-1))/2.

Now consider the last terms.

The last terms are First term + k.

=1 + (k(k-1))/2 + k

So, the nth set is [(1 + (n(n-1))/2)3, (1 + (n(n-1))/2 + 1)3,.....(1 + (n(n-1))/2+n)3]

For example, the fourth set is [(1 + (4(4-1))/2)3, (1 + (4(4-1))/2 + 1)3,.....(1 + (4(4-1))/2+4)3]

= [73,83,93,103]

Sum of terms of fourth set = Sum of cubes upto 103 - Sum of cubes upto 63

Similarly, Sum of terms of nth set = Sum of cubes upto (1 + (n(n-1))/2 + n)3 - Sum of cubes upto (1 + (n(n-1))/2 - 1 )3

= Sum of cubes upto ((n2+n+2)/2)3 - Sum of cubes upto ((n2-n)/2 )3

Now apply the sum of cubes formulas to both these terms and simplify.

Sum of cubes upto ((n2+n+2)/2)3 = [ {(n2+n+2)/2} {(n2+n+2)/2 + 1}/2 ]

Sum of cubes upto ((n2-n)/2 )3 = [ {(n2-n)/2} {(n2-n)/2 + 1}/2 ]2

Then the final answer will be [ {(n2+n+2)/2} {(n2+n+2)/2 + 1}/2 ]2 - [ {(n2-n)/2} {(n2-n)/2 + 1}/2 ]

(You will have to further simplify this)

7 years ago

find the sum of first n-1 natural numbers that is (n-1)n/2.

this implies the first term of the nth term would be (n-1)n/2+1.

hence find the sum of the terms in the nth term.that is {the sum of cubes of natural number till (n-1)n/2+n}-{the sum of cubes of natural number till (n-2)(n-1)/2+n-1}.

the answer turns out to be a. Use the formulae for the sum of cubes of first n natural no. to be (n(n+1)/2)2.

ask me if u dont get the answer.its a bit calculative!!!

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

no of sol. of Ix+2I+IxI+Ix-2I=p ,p belongs to Real no. are?
jagdish singh singh one month ago
draw the graph of given eq. hence getting if p=4 we getone sol.i.e x=0 while for all p>4 two solutions.
Pranav Dabhade one month ago
if (x^5)-(x^3)+ x =a,x>0,then prove that (x^6)>=2a-1
Equivalently we have to prove that or and dividing by x 3 on both sides, we have Setting this is equivalent to the inequality which is same as or From A.M – G.M Inequality, we have 3"...
mycroft holmes one month ago
Later realized there is a far simpler way: We are given So, as by AM-GM, …........................................................................................
mycroft holmes one month ago
what is formula for orthocentre of a triangle or how to calculate it?
Direct formula is there but it is not useful as it is in terms of tanA , tanB , tanC which is not useful Easiest way to find orthocentre: i) It is the point of concurrency of the 3 altitudes...
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Problem 6...................... Just to reach minimum character limit)
Call the intersection of PF and DQ as G. Since Ang GFE+ Ang GDE = 180 0 , GFED is a cyclic quad and hence G also lies on the incircle. Now join FD. Let Ang FED = b. Then it easily follows...
mycroft holmes 4 days ago
How to find the value of cos 37°?with full procedure pelase let me know ??????????
U have to look for trigonometric table to find the values. We can only derive for certain values.
Harsh Patodia 24 days ago
U need to find from table although 37 degrees is a comonly occuring in questions so just remember the following 37 degree is an angle of a right angle triangle whose sides are 3units. 4...
Manas Shukla 23 days ago
You should not be concerned about such things,take it as granted that these are the angles in a right triangle having side of the form 3n,4n,5n,n N.
Piyush Behera 9 days ago
Cot 6° cot 42° CoT 66° cot78°= 1 Plzzzz give me answer
4 cosA.cos(60 - A).cos(60 + A) = 2 cos A{2 cos (60 + A) * cos (60 - A)} = 2 cos A{cos 120 + cos 2A} [ Applying the relation : 2 cos X * cos Y = cos (X + Y) + cos (X - Y) ] = 2cos A {- (1/2)...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn