coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

Find the fourth root of of -16i

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

let Z is the fourth root of  of -16i

Z= (-16i)1/4

={(16)(-1)(i) }1/4

={  16i3 }1/4                          (i2 =-1)

=2 {( (i)4 )3/16 }                     (i4 =1)

6 years ago

Actually, its complex. And there are four of them. And each one has an imaginary component equal in magnitude to its real components magnitude, because they lie on the y = x and y = -x lines, 45° incline/decline from the x(real)-axis and each root is therefore 90° rotated from the next. 4th root of -16 = ±√2 ± i√2. Anyway, if you take a purely positive real number and find its fourth root, you will get both positive and negative, purely real and purely imaginary roots. If you take a positive or negative, pure imaginary or real number and raised it to the fourth power, it will be a positive real number.

So, the only option for a fourth root of a negative real would be elsewhere on the complex plane. I hope this sheds some light on your question. I know it doesn't answer it directly as you intended it, but maybe helps you somewhat with it!

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

If ln(2pi) 2 (2+sqrt(3)), Then number of roots of the equation 4cos(e x ) = 2 x +2 -x
Original question …...............................................................................................................................If ln(2pi) 2 (2+sqrt(3)), Then number of...
jagdish singh singh 3 months ago
jagdish singh singh 3 months ago
In a certain town 25% families own a cell phone , 15% own a scooter and 65% won neither a cell or scooter . If 2000 families own both cell phone and scooter then the total no of families in...
3. 40,000 families are there in the town.It can be solved through Venn diagram.Their intersection comprises 5% I.e, 2000 families. And the remaining are 20% cell phone and 10 % scooter.
Shaswata Biswas one month ago
If |z|=2 the -1+5z lie on 1)parabola. 2)hyperbola. 3)circle
put z = x+ iy wwe get, x^2 + y^2 = 4...........................(1) The coordinate -1 + 5z becomes, (5x – 1, 5y) put it in eqn. (1) we get, (5x – 1)^2 + (5y)^2 = 4 25x^2 + 1 – 10x + 25y^2 =...
Vikas TU 23 days ago
angle between vectors a and b is 30 degrees between a and c is 60 degrees and between b and c is 45 degrees find angle between a and bXc assuming all to be unit vectors
there is some error in the question as all the angles wouldnt fit in one diagram (assuming all are in on plane.).you said the angle between a and b is 30 and between a and c is 60.. so...
Arjun Praveen 5 months ago
dear anant shandilya, i think answer to your question is 90 o . as you know the cross product of two vectors (which lie in the same plane)is perpendicular to the plane of given vectors...
Jai Katara 5 months ago
defination of the measurement and vectors write it clearly
Scalar or dot product of two vectors a and b is defined as a . b = | a | | b | cos θ where θ = ( a . b ) and 0 ≤ θ 180 o . 2. a . b = 0 ⇒ a = 0 or b = 0 or ( a . b ) = 90 o . 3. a . b = | a ...
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn
Attractive Gift