Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

In a group there are 5 men and a certain number of women.From this group, 6 persons including at least 4 men are being sent for a tour evry week. different group is being sent for each week. during the trip each woman is presented with a book. If the totalnumber of books distributed is 156, then find the number of women in the group.

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Answer is 6

lets suppose total no of woman =x.

then as total 6 people are selected for a trip and atleast 4 men are to be selected then only two cases are possible.

case 1-

all 5 men included and one woman included.
this can be done in (5c5) X (xc1) different ways
so total books given = xc1=x

case -2

4 men and two woman included.

this can be done in (5c4) X (xc2) ways.
as total woman are 2 so no of books given =2(5c4)(xc2)=5(x)(x-1)

total books given = x + 5(x)(x-1)=156

on solving we get x=6.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

how to find number of positive integral solution of x+y+z=20
Min values of x,y and z will be 1 so remaining 17 have to be distributed over these numbers Just divide 17 in three parts using 2 partitions which can be done by 19C2 ways as 2 paritions...
Harsh Patodia one month ago
How To Solve These type of equations... (9x 2- 3x-2)(x 2 -3x+2)=21. what is the Value(s) of “x”??
PFA Otherwise u can form biquadratic and take 21 on other side and try factorizing using hit and trial.
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Write the equation as (3x+1)(3x-2)(x-1)(x-2) = 21 Club the 2 nd and 3 rd factors, and 1 st and 4 th factor to get (3x 2 -5x+2)(3x 2 -5x+2) = 21 or (3 x 2 -5x) 2 – 4 = 21 from which 3x 2 -5x ...
mycroft holmes one month ago
But ,I also want to know how many of the roots are irrational or rational. How I can judje this on number line.
Kuldeep Pal one month ago
sir could you please help me solving with the question
Hint: Its an question based on P and C. Here you need to take different cases. Since Y and Z do not have any common element. So that the cases like Case 1 – Y is any one element from X...
Vijay Mukati 3 months ago
Every element of X has three choices – (i) belong to Y (ii) belong to Z (iii) belong to neither So, the total number of ways = 3 5 = 243. (including the possibility that both Y and Z are...
mycroft holmes 3 months ago
Integrate log(sinx+cosx)dx from -pi/4 to pi/4. someone plz help
This is a tricky question First put x = -x and add Now put 2x = t which implies, dx = dt/2 Now refer to the following steps to solve for the simplified integral
Riddhish Bhalodia 9 months ago
What is the period of |sin x| [mod (sin x)]?what is the period of |sin x|+ |cos x|?
Try to draw the graph of each function and u would able to know that. Graph for mod sinx has period of 0 to pi as each neative half too becomes positive .
Vikas TU one month ago
4th question answer pls find and give me the solution too.
The picture you have attached isnt clear can you send an another attachment or just type the question with the options
Amay chugh 19 days ago
Yes,I too agree, the pictures arent clear,the vectors cannot be read ,so please send the picture ones again
Piyush Behera 6 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn