Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

There are 2 women participants in a chess tournament . the number of men played between themselves exceeded by 52 the number of game they played with the women .if each player played one game with each other, find  the number of men in the tournament 

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Rahul

Let us assume no. of men =n

no. of games played between themselve =nC2

no. games men played with women=2n

According to question

After solving

n=13 or -8

-8 is not possible

So no. of men =13

All the best

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

Now you can win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum. So help discuss any query on askiitians forum and become an Elite Expert League askiitian.

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

Find all pairs of positive Integers(A,B)such that A^B-B^A=3
THE PERFECT REASON IS GIVEN YOU COULD TRY YOURSELF the number is a=4 and b=1 by taking the cases that a^B is 4 and b^a is 1. hence by taking the cases whatever umber we take should have a...
2017 years ago
Find the value of : square root of (-3+4i) Sorry this sentence is just to incrase characters.
@Vikas TU please write the correct in place of that solution . again , this line is to incrase the number of characters .
Divyansh Thada one month ago
let square root of (-3+4i) = x + iy squaring both sides, -3 + 4i = x^2 – y^2 +2xyi comparing both sides we get, x^2 – y^2 = – 3................(1) and 2xy = 4 xy = 2...................(2)...
Vikas TU one month ago
If a polynomial P(x) is divided by x-a, x-b, x-c, we get a,b,c as remainders respectively (x€R). Then what will be the remainder when P(x) is divided by (x-a)(x-b)(x-c)?
Using Remiander theorem f(a) is the remainder when f(x) is divided by x-a when f(x) is divided by q(x) the remainder will be having degree less than q(x) so when P(x) is divided by...
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Note that P(a) =a, P(b) = b, and P(c) = c. Hence if we consider the polynomial Q(x) = P(x) – x, we see that Q(a) = Q(b) = Q(c) = 0. By Factor theorem we conclude (x-a)(x-b)(x-c) is a factor ...
mycroft holmes one month ago
Number of ways in which 2 Americans , 2 British , one chinese , 1 dutch and 1 Egyptian can sit on a round table so that persons of same nationality are separated is : AnS ??
ans=226800 [i am also not sure] i hope iam correct. plz give reply as soon as possible. have a nice day.
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
Ans==180 ( not sure)
T Jahnavi 2 months ago
The dir cosines of two lines are related by l+m+n=0 & a(l)2+b(m2+c(n)2=0 the lines
Represent one in the form of other two. Then make a quadratic and frame a relationship between the other two in order to get the answer
Sourabh Singh 6 months ago
integrat sqrt(sinx) with limit 0 to pi/2.......................
let sinx = t^2 cosxdx = 2tdt. dx = 2tdt/root(1 – t^4) substitute it then integerate it. it becomes as: 2*(t^2(1-t^4)^-1/2)dt.
Vikas TU 4 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn