Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

A new theatre is being built, it will screen multiple short films on digital screens embedded in the walls around the foyer. One screen is 2 meters high and is positioned so that the bottom of the screen is 1 metre above your eye level.

a) Create a model that will allow you to find the horizontal distance from the wall on which the screen is positioned for various angles of vision (i.e the angle formed by your eye with the top and bottom of your screen)

(i) How far from the wall should you stand so that this angle of vision is maximum?

(ii) What is this maximum angtle?

(iii) Include a generalised form of your model using S(screen height), D(distance above eye level), what is the maximized angle of the general form?

b) On the wall opposite there is another screen which is only 1 metre high and also positioned with its base 1 metre above your eye level, directly opposite the first screen.

Develop a second model to represent this new situation

(i) Where should you stand to maximise your angle of vision?

(ii) What is this angle?

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

theta =arctan(3/h)-arctan(1/h),therefore tanθ=2h/(h2+3), it is easy to show that tan(theta)is maximum when h=√3,therefore theta = 300

theta= arctan((S+D)/h) -arctan(D/h)= arctan(Sh/(h2+D(S+D)))

it is easy to show that theta is maximum when h=√(D(S+D))

theta = arctan(S/2√(D(S+D))

h=√(D(S+D)) =√2metre,theta(max)=arctan(1/2√2)

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

A certain polynomial P(x), x€R when divided by x-a, x-b, x-c leaves remainders a,bb,c respectively. then find the remainder when P(x) is divided by (x-a)(x-b)(x-c) where a,b,c are distinct.
Using Remiander theorem f(a) is the remainder when f(x) is divided by x-a when f(x) is divided by q(x) the remainder will be having degree less than q(x) so when P(x) is divided by...
Harsh Patodia one month ago
Let abc be sides of triangle . No two are equal and € belongs to real numbers.If roots of x.x +2(a+b+c)x+3€(ab+bc+ca)=0 are real. Then range of€=?
In triangles we have the inequality which can be written as The left inequality arises from and the right inequality from the triangle inequalities squared i.e. and summing up. If then the...
mycroft holmes 2 months ago
For roots to be real its Discriminant should be greater than equal to zero. It should not be imaginary. Hence, 4(a+b+c)^2 – 12 €(ab+bc+ca) greater than equal to zero.
Vikas TU 2 months ago
The sum to n terms of the series 1/4+7/16+37/64+175/256...
The general term of the sequence can be written as a k = 1 – (3/4) k . This sum of the sequence can be found out using the well known formula for n-terms of a geometric progression.
mycroft holmes 3 months ago
I am not sure the question is correct. The series do not have any pattern if the third term of series is 35/7 instead of 37/5, it can be summed easily. Please confirm.
Ajay 3 months ago
A square has two of its side on a circle and other two on a tangent to the circle. Find area of square if radius of circle is 5cm.
Two of its SIDE on circle ?????? Pls correct the question Thanks
Nishant Vora 2 months ago
Y=tan x + sec x Prove that – cos x/(1- sinx) 2 Plz give me solution of that question i am very confused about it. I had try to solve this but i cant so plzz give me solution on my whatssapp ...
Hello Mohan The question is not clear, could you post what needs to be proved in this question.-------------------
Ajay 3 months ago
Cot 6° cot 42° CoT 66° cot78°= 1 Plzzzz give me answer
4 cosA.cos(60 - A).cos(60 + A) = 2 cos A{2 cos (60 + A) * cos (60 - A)} = 2 cos A{cos 120 + cos 2A} [ Applying the relation : 2 cos X * cos Y = cos (X + Y) + cos (X - Y) ] = 2cos A {- (1/2)...
2017 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn