Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

4.     if sin θ and cos θ are the roots of the equations ax2-bx2+c = 0, then a, b and c satisfy the relation.

(a)    a2+b2+2ac=0

(b)    a2-b2+2ac=0

(c)    a2+c2+2ac=0

(d)    a2-b2-2ac=0

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

sin2(theta) + cos2(theta) = (sinθ +cosθ)2 -2sin(theta)cos(theta) =1

sin(theta) +cos(theta) = -b/a, sin(theta)cos(theta) =c/a

therefore b2/a2 -2c/a =1, a2-b2 +2ac=0 

'Win exciting gifts by answering the questions on Discussion Forum.'

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

how to add to infinity 1+2/2+3/2^2+4/2^3......Answer given is 4
Sourabh Singh 22 days ago
We can as well use the method of infinite sum of an arithmeticogemetric series.Here A.P. is 1,2,3,4.... and 1,1/2,1/2^2,1/2^3........ a=1,d= 1, r=1/2, Expression to find infinite...
Mohammed Saleem Mohiuddin 22 days ago
We can see that the general term of the expression is i.e. it can be written in the form f(n) – f(n+1) where Hence we have
mycroft holmes 22 days ago
In the listed image can you tell me how beta*gamma = 2 ….. . . .. ??
The value of gamma is still not correct, either printing mistake or you gave me wrong value. The correct value of gamma is below
Ajay 2 months ago
Thankyou so much............................. …......................................................................!
Anshuman Mohanty 2 months ago
Yes sorry..... . . . .it is not so clear.. ok the values are beta = α + α^2 + α^4 and gamma = α^3 + α^5 + α^7
Anshuman Mohanty 2 months ago
IF a+b+c=6. and a,b,c are positive resl no .Prove that1/a+4/b+9/cis greater than equal to6.
From my calculations the smallest value of expression is coming to be 7. Could you give example values for a,b and c so that expression is 6.
Ajay 3 months ago
By Cauchy Schwarz Inequality with equality occurring when a^2=1,b^2=4,c^2=9 i.e. a=1,b=2,c=3. Since a+b+c=6, Hence Hope this helps
mycroft holmes 3 months ago
Nice Solution hsbhatt Sir
jagdish singh singh 3 months ago
I want to talk to an askiitians expert..............................?
@ navnette what exactly u want to know ?? if u want to talk to an askiitian expert and book a demo class with them , then contact the support team or drop a mail to them , they will get...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
If f(x)=∫​ 2sinx-sin2x dx/x 3​ ​​ ,x is not equal to zero, then find lim f’ (x) as x tends to zero. ​
The differentiation of the integeral, f(x)=∫​ 2sinx-sin2x dx/x 3​ ​​ would give f(x) simply. that is: lim x – > 0 (2sinx-sin2x) /x 3 Simply expand the exapnsion of sin terms up to the x^3...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Consider a curve y=f(x)We know that dy/dx = f ‘ (x) Now What is the geometrical meaning of dy/dx ?
it refers to the very very small interval of that postion w.r.t itself. Limiting the change in time to 0 sec.
mahima pareek 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn