Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

can you explain briefly about the significance and values of "e"

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear bora,

The mathematical constant e is the unique real number such that the value of the derivative (slope of the tangent line) of the function f(x) = ex at the point x = 0 is equal to 1.The function ex so defined is called the exponential function, and its inverse is the natural logarithm or logarithm to base e. The number e is also commonly defined as the base of the natural logarithm.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.

We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

let N=(2+1) (2 2 +1) (2 3 +1) …....(2 32 +1) +1 then log 256 N =?
jagdish singh singh one month ago
1)find the least value of 6x 2 -22x+21/5x 2 -18x+17 for real x 2)solve for x (x 2 -4x) 2 – (x-2) 2 – 16 = 0 3)the cartesian product of A*A has 9 elements among which are found (-1,0) and...
6x 2 -22x+21/5x 2 -18x+1 to minimise it maximise the denominator and minimise the numerator simultaneously. Therefore, N(x) = 6x 2 -22x+21 N(x)’ = 12x – 22 N(x)’’ = 12 > 0 .i.e 12 x – 22 =0 ...
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Dear raghav, plz put your questions in sequence wise at once. At one time post your question as a one time. In that way it would be easy for us to answer sequentially. Thankyou!
Vikas TU 2 months ago
Where can I get solutions of ml khanna or A das gupta?
@ pratyay there is a separate book coming , on the name of SOLUTION TO PROBLEMS IN IIT MATHS BY A DAS GUPTA , by bharti bhawan , just take it , it explained each and every ques of a das...
Umakant biswal 29 days ago
Compete the shortest distance between the circle x^2+y^2-10x-14y-151=0 and the point (-7,2) .
Hii You have to find the equation of normal passing from the given point . Find out the length from the point given and the centre of circle, you can get the answer
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
f(x)= -2cos 2 x + 3cosx + 1 find the domain and the range of x
Domain of f(x) is ‘R’ range of the function is (-4,2) I think Iam right. best of luck!!! if u have any further doubt please post it. bye
Gosula Madhukar one month ago
Integrate dx/cos(x-a)cos(x-b) please answer me with full explanation
you can use the formula cosA*cosB=[ocs(A+B)+cos(A-B)]/2 and after that you can apply the concept of partial differentiation, it will make this question a lot easier.
HIMANSHU SAXENA 2 months ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn