Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

Hi... I am Vivek ,studying in 12th standard.I have a question here !!!!

Apiece of equipment cost a certain factory Rs. 600,000. If it depreciates in value, 15% the first year, 13.5 % the next year, 12% the third year, and so on, what will be its value at the end of 10 years, all percentages applying to the original cost?

7 years ago

Answers : (2)

Let the cost of an equipment is Rs. 100.

Now the percentages of depreciation at the end of 1st,2nd,3rd years are 15, 13.5,12, which are in A.P., with a=15 and d= -1.5.

Hence, percentage of depreciation in the tenth year = a + (10-1) d = 15 + 9 (-1.5) = 1.5

Also total value depreciated in 10 years = 15 + 13.5 + 12 + ... + 1.5 = 82.5

Hence, the value of equipment at the end of 10 years=100 - 82.5 = 17.5.

The total cost being Rs. 6,00,000/100 * 17.5 = Rs. 1,05,000.

I think my answer is correct

7 years ago

ya ....Ur answer is Correct !!!!!!! 

7 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

modulus operator is a bit tough for me and i cant understand a thing in some questions for eg lim x->0- mod(x)/x=-1; how does this work mod must always be positive right?
Posting again as the there is bug in website which does not properly dispay inequalities. Its not difficult if you visualise it graphically. Search google for desmos graphing calculator and ...
Ajay 2 months ago
Its not difficult if you visualise it graphically. Search google for desmos graphing calculator and plot the graph for this function y= mod(x)/x. You will see why left hand limit for thins...
Ajay 2 months ago
number of ways we can arrange 1,2,3,4,...8 such that the product of any five consecutive position is divisible by 5
If 5 is placed in the 4 th or 5 th place, then the product of any 5 consecutively placed numbers will be divisible by 5. So, for 5, we have two choices of placement, and corresponding to...
mycroft holmes 2 months ago
Hint: First find out the possible ways of product of five numbers havinng last digit 0 or 5 . u will have to check this first. then find the consecutiveness order .
Vikas TU 2 months ago
if every pair of the equation x^2+px+qr=0 , x^2+qx+rp=0 , x^2+rx+pq=0 have a non zero common root then the sum of three common is ?
Sourabh Singh 23 days ago
let a be the common root then satifying the root in all the three eqns. we get, a^2 + ap + qr = 0 a^2 + aq + rp = 0 a^2 + ar + pq = 0 solving all three one by one by elimination method, we...
Vikas TU 23 days ago
Sourabh’s answer can be taken a bit further. Note that we have concluded that r is a root of the 1 st quadratic i.e. x 2 +px+qr = 0. From product of roots, the other root is q. Sum of roots ...
mycroft holmes 22 days ago
using PMI prove that the sum of the cubes of 3 consecutive natural numbers is divisible by 9
respected sir , my son has asked this question 2 days before and till now it hasnt been answered . pls do the needfull .
Vivek Prasad Dalbehera 2 months ago
I need some help in this question. plz answer if u can. consider a line on z axis (or z axis itself) now shift it 30dgr towards x axis. then 30 dgr towards y axis. plz find the angle from...
Hii You can use vectors form. First the line is in xz plane .Write down its equation in terms of vectors , then the line moves to the 3D plane which can be used again with vectors . In this...
Sourabh Singh 2 months ago
sorry sir i am not getting how to use vertor in this quesion can u plz explain me in more detail well thanks for your answer
Ankit Jaiswal 2 months ago
kindly check the image attached give the solutio with full explaination
According to me you should try to put cosx = t and thus it will convert in simple integration of t^8, but remember to change to change the limits of the integration.
HIMANSHU SAXENA one month ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn