Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

There are four machines and it is known that exactly two of them are faulty. They are tested, one by one, in a random order till both the faulty machines are identified. Then the proability that only two tests are need is 

6 years ago

Answers : (2)

Dear Padmavithi

Only 2 tests will be needed to find the faulty machines if we can find one faulty machine in each test

Probality that we will test a faulty machine in first test is 2/4=1/2 (there are 4 machines and 2 of them faulty)

Now that one faulty machine has been identified we are left with 3 machines with one of them being faulty.Probaility that we will test the other faulty machine in second test is 1/ probability that we will require 2 tests to find the faulty machines is 1/2*1/3=1/6

ABhinav Batra

6 years ago

there are 2 ways of getting the machines in the first 2 tries. First possibility, you get both faulty, or you get both correct(since, then you know the left ones are faulty). Thus solving both possibilities: (2/4)x (1/3) x 2 since both have same chances. Hence solving Answer is: 1/3

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

Find the value of : square root of (-3+4i) Sorry this sentence is just to incrase characters.
@Vikas TU please write the correct in place of that solution . again , this line is to incrase the number of characters .
Divyansh Thada one month ago
let square root of (-3+4i) = x + iy squaring both sides, -3 + 4i = x^2 – y^2 +2xyi comparing both sides we get, x^2 – y^2 = – 3................(1) and 2xy = 4 xy = 2...................(2)...
Vikas TU one month ago
Tell how to solve questions. Of logarithmTell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell tell
@ kavach Kindly let me know which questions u are talking about ?/ kindly mention the ques beacuse logarithm have many questions of diffrent pattern , so, explaining all of them will be a...
2017 years ago
A certain polynomial P(x), x€R when divided by x-a, x-b, x-c leaves remainders a,bb,c respectively. then find the remainder when P(x) is divided by (x-a)(x-b)(x-c) where a,b,c are distinct.
Using Remiander theorem f(a) is the remainder when f(x) is divided by x-a when f(x) is divided by q(x) the remainder will be having degree less than q(x) so when P(x) is divided by...
Harsh Patodia one month ago
what is integration? and what is the real life applications of an integration?
Dear Sudharshan Integration is the one symboll used in solving problems . Integration is opposite to differentiation. It is usefull in mathematics, physics and chemistry
Prabhakar ch 9 months ago
DEAR SUDARSHAN, Integration is the act of bringing together smaller components into a single system that functions as one. Integration is used to compute such things as the areas and...
naresh raju 9 months ago
dear sudarshan..... Integration is a way of adding slices to find the whole. Integration can be used to find areas, volumes, central points and many useful things. But it is easiest to...
mohan 9 months ago
what is the lenght of subtangent in the term of differential quotients of any general curve...
Let tangent and normal to a parabola at a point P(x1,y1) be extended to meet the axis of the parabola at N and T respectively. PT is termed the length of the tangent. PN is termed the length...
Harsh Patodia 8 months ago
Let f : [a, b] → R be continuous on [a, b] and differentiable on (a, b). Suppose that f(a) = a and f(b) = b. Show that there is c ∈ (a, b) such that f′(c) = 1. Further, show that there are...
BY LMVT(Lagrange mean value theorem) Apply theorem in at points (a,f(a)) & (b,f(b)) This prove the first part that there exist a point c between a & b such that SECOND PART now break the...
Aakash one year ago
My answer was exactly the same as of Akash. But you disapproved my answer.
Anoopam Mishra one year ago
This is not fair!!!!!
Anoopam Mishra one year ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts