Use Coupon: CART20 and get 20% off on all online Study Material

Total Price: R

There are no items in this cart.
Continue Shopping
Get instant 20% OFF on Online Material.
coupon code: MOB20 | View Course list

Get extra R 550 off

suppose a,b and n are positive integers, all greater than 1. if a^n + b^n is prime, what can you say about n?

A) integer must be 2

B)integer need not be 2, but must be a power of 2

C)integer need not be a power of 2, but must be even

D)none of the above

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

22+42=20  which is not a prime. Therefore (a) eliminated.

2 is also even. Therefore (c) eliminated.

34+54=706 which is not prime. Therefore option (b) eliminated.

Hence the correct option is (d)

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on Algebra

in how many different ways can the letters of the word MATHEMATICS be arranged so that the vowels always come together
11!/2!*2!*2! Further you can amplify this .... This is because mathematics has 11letters and a,m,t are two times ................................
vipin shukla 2 months ago
8!*4!/2!*2!*2! ........................… this is because mathematics has 4vowels and thee will be fixed but they also may arrange by4!/2! And left 7 and this will be considered as one....
vipin shukla 2 months ago
If |z|=2 then -1+5z lie on 1).circle 2).parabola . 3).hyperbola
Nishant Vora one month ago
z’ = 1+5z and so z’+1 = 5z which means |z’+1| = 5|z| = 10 which means z’ lies on a circle centred at (-1,0) and radius 10. Alternatively you can see that 5z takes all points on the circle...
mycroft holmes one month ago
The no. Of six digit number that can be formed from tje digits 0,1,2,3,4,5,6&7 so that digits do not repeat and the terminal digits are even
the total number form which the 6 digit number should be made are 8 out of which 4 are even (0,2,4,6) and these are to be arranged in the terminal points (end points) hand hence we have to...
Ankit Jaiswal one month ago
OOH I am sorry for a mistake Actually I considered that all numbers can occupy first position ( THIS ) but it cannnot be occupied by 0 so only the number of cases will be affected that is...
i think that the answer will be 720 only is “0” is not incuded And for that question the solution will be let the number be a b c d e f (say) a = 3 numbers possible (2,4,6) f = 2 numbers...
Could you explain the concept of Stokes theorem and curl theorem please it is urgent!! I have already mastered the concept of divergence theorem so if u need tht to explain it to me then u...
Hi We cater JEE MAIN and advance syllabus. If you have doubts pertaining to JEE.Ask it and we will revert back to you.
Sourabh Singh 8 months ago
HiWe cater JEE MAIN and advance syllabus. If you have doubts pertaining to JEE.Ask it and we will revert back to you.PLEASE USE THIS OPPORTUNITY
if f(x).f(1/x) = f(x) + f(1/x) then prove that f(x) = x n + 1
Hii you can find out the value of f(x) and f(1/x) . Multilply f(x) and f(1/x) and then add f(x) and f(1/x). So both these values will be equal.
Sourabh Singh 26 days ago
In this question.. It must be given that the function is a polynomial(which is indirectly given to be proved).. So take a general polynomial of degree n and then subsitute that in the given...
rishabh 20 days ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

Get extra R 550 off

More Questions On Algebra

Ask Experts

Have any Question? Ask Experts

Post Question

Answer ‘n’ Earn