im expecting 469 marks in aipmtt.will i get seay?general category.

im expecting 469 marks in aipmtt.will i get seay?general category.

Grade:12

39 Answers

Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
You might. but chances are more through state quota. is your state participating in AIPMT?
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
From tamil nadu
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Yes chances are there, make sure you participate in the counselling. Last year’s cut off was 432, but this year’s paper was a little easier, but then 2 lakh students didn’t answer so there hope :)
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
though 2 lakh didnt attempt the serious ones would have wrote...so will cut off increase this year?
.thank you

Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Yes i guess the cut off will increase. See the cut off is for 15% seats through all india quota. Even if you don’t clear it you’d still be eligible for the state quota.
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
som error..havent got any reply

Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
thank you..but chances are very less right?..my predicted rank comes out to be 8000-9000.But round 3 ends at 7400 for general as per last year trends.can i still be hopeful?
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
As it is, it’s practically impossible for general category students to get a seat, that too in MBBS. It’s like we’re born with a curse. :/ i dropped a year and appeared this year for aipmt too. Trust me it is difficult i know, but even if you don’t get through this year, You can drop a year. your score is really good. if you work hard you will DEFINITELY get a college next year, but it is very much possible that you’ll get a seat this year itself :)
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Yes you can sweetie. I know someone who got a seat in my state and her rank was in 10,000. Tamil Nadu has a lot of seats so you can definitely be hopeful :) I think chances are very high for you to get through state quota.
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
thank you so much! yes im planning to drop if i dont get this year!...
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
which state are u from?
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Oh god i don’t know what’s wrong the answers aren’t getting posted. I’m from jharkhand and jharkhand has only 3 colleges :P so you know if a person gets a seat with a rank in 10,000s  you stand a very good chance.
And if you’ve decided to drop that is a very good decision. Please join a test series or a coaching institute if you feel the need but test series is a must. Practice lots lots lots and lots of questions specifically in physics and you’ll do well :)
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
thank you for all ur advice!..lets hope it happens this year if i have that luck

Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Don’t mention it :)
be positive :)
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
but for jharkhand there is state quota! i dont think there is for TN!

Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
NOOOOOO, every college that fills up through aipmt has 85% state quota and only 15% fills up through aipmt. Did your state conduct a separate state pmt?
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
no

Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Then it will fill up through AIPMT and your chances are very high :)
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
THANK YOU!
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
You are most welcome :)
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
one clarification!..though there is no seperate state pmt for TN,85% seats are filled through 12 marks.
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
seriously? through 12% ? that’s not possible :O
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
But if that’s the case, how much are you getting in your board exams? 
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
through class 12 marks there are filled. !5% for aipmt
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
i got 479 marks....state counseling got over..i dont have chance in that as of now..may be if anybody from OC surrenders seat i might...but very less chance
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
I would suggest that you should start preparing for AIPMT 2016, it would help you. If you get a seat very good but then i think it’s better to assume the worst case scenario and start preparing. 
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
 u mean chances are less this year? ok..thanks
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
See chances are always high in state quota. But you can never be too sure you know. because it depends largely on how others have performed.  But it’s ok to be hopeful, but don’t just sit and hope, you can start preparing for next year while still waiting in case there is a chance for a seat
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
i dont have state quota
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
How? tamil nadu is your birthplace right? what is the criteria for having a domicile there?
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
it is..but system is like this. they dont give seat for 85% through aipmt
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
Yes Yes i know.  Acha tell me one thing. How do 85% seats for your tamil nadu colleges fill up? They don’t have a separate exam but as far as i know, medical colleges don’t take admissions based on 12th % so are you sure about it?
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
yes yes...in TN its through 12th marks
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
and you’re saying the counselling is over? how much were you getting in 12th std? 
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
479...my cut off 191for OC it gets filled for those within 198
Neeti
571 Points
8 years ago
No No im not talking about the aipmt score. I’m talking about your 12th boards percentage, that what the seats get filled through right?
Nithya
20 Points
8 years ago
hey that only 479!! on 500..95.8% is my board percentage

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free