Here i am asking this question for my sister.She scored 94% in 10th but in 12th only 70% . But that doesn't demoralized her to move towards her dream to clear PMT and become a doctor. She did her 12th in 2014 and then dropped a year and took coaching from Aakash institute and worked hard to clear the AIPMT exam in 2015. But she couldn't clear it and her score was 238 in biology, 110 in chemistry and 50 in physics. As she is weak in physics and average in chemistry. Her concepts in physics in most of the topics are not clear and that is why she face problems in numericals also. But now she had decided to drop one more year and she is confused, whether she should stay at home and do self study with some good books or join a coaching institute once again either Aakash or any other. I suggested her that self study is the key. She can't take any risk this time and need a good direction so that her hardwork will not get wasted. Also we are from a middle class family and she take too much stress thinking that again lot of money will get invested in her coaching again and that she will do the preparation on her own. i heard from few people that AIIMS and Other State PMT required definite coaching and are tough than AIPMT. Well her main aim is to get into medicals so she will go for all the possible exams. But here main focus is AIPMT. so, please tell us what is best path for the preparation. Kindly suggest some good books if required (she do have her coaching material of last year). It will be very helpful. So that her investment of 1 more year don't go in vain. Thank You for your good work..

Here i am asking this question for my sister.She scored 94% in 10th but in 12th only 70% . But that doesn't demoralized her to move towards her dream to clear PMT and become a doctor. She did her 12th in 2014 and then dropped a year and took coaching from Aakash institute and worked hard to clear the AIPMT exam in 2015. But she couldn't clear it and her score was 238 in biology, 110 in chemistry and 50 in physics. As she is weak in physics and average in chemistry. Her concepts in physics in most of the topics are not clear and that is why she face problems in numericals also. But now she had decided to drop one more year and she is confused, whether she should stay at home and do self study with some good books or join a coaching institute once again either Aakash or any other. I suggested her that self study is the key. She can't take any risk this time and need a good direction so that her hardwork will not get wasted. 
Also we are from a middle class family and she take too much stress thinking that again lot of money will get invested in her coaching again and that she will do the preparation on her own.
i heard from few people that AIIMS and Other State PMT required definite coaching and are tough than AIPMT. Well her main aim is to get into medicals so she will go for all the possible exams. But here main focus is AIPMT. 
so, please tell us what is best path for the preparation. Kindly suggest some good books if required (she do have her coaching material of last year).
It will be very helpful. So that her investment of 1 more year don't go in vain. Thank You for your good work..

Grade:10

1 Answers

Bhavya
askIITians Faculty 1281 Points
8 years ago
Since you said that your sister is hardworking and very willing to get into PMT,thus I would suggest that she has to manage her time in a way that she gives almost equal time to each subject.She already had Aakash modules and question papers,she can practise atleast 60 questions a day for each subject keeping a stop watch so that she gets an idea of how to achieve the speed of 1 minute 1 question since that’s the ideal speed for AIPMT.
The books I would like to suggest are Pradeep objective and Arihant for NEET-chemistry,G.C Aggarwal and Pradeep objective-Physics and Trueman’s Objective-Biology.Also,she has to do NCERT questions and theory as NCERT is the key in PMT.
In case of any doubts in any of the subject (theoretical/objective question) you can have a session with askiitians as well.Here even a single topic can be made crystal clearto you.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free