Sir I want to know that can i get admission in any one of these IIIT-D, DTU or NSIT with 63.4% in cbse board and belong to general category n also have Delhi quota....If I score around 300 marks in jee mains 2015????

Sir I want to know that can i get admission in any one of these IIIT-D, DTU or NSIT with 63.4% in cbse board and belong to general category n also have Delhi quota....If I score around 300 marks in jee mains 2015????

Grade:12

7 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
9 years ago
For admission into IIIT-D, you must have atleast 75% in the class-12th exam.....
For DTU nad NSIT, you have to go through JEE-MAIN exam, in which, if you get a good rank(on the basis of 60%)AIR on the basis of obtaining equal marks (by giving 60% weightage to performance in JEE (Main) and 40% weightage to normalised marks in Class 12 or other qualifying examination)],.
During counselling If you are delhihite you would be given preference 85% Delhite admission scheme.
And rest 15% other state,,,,,,,
I am advicing you try work hard and get a good marks in JEE-MAIN and don’t think about your marks of 12th class.

Good Luck.............
Ravi
askIITians Faculty 69 Points
9 years ago
As foar as the marks obtained in the CBSE are concerned, you are eligible to apply for DTU and other colleges. About the score that you stated, is a pretty decent score but don’t limit yourself and put your best foot forward, go for that extra mile, and get a better score to secure your safe slot.

DTU considers a combined score of JEE mains and CBSE in the ratio 60:40 so you might have to compensate for the CBSE score with the JEE Mains’.
vineet chatterjee
42 Points
9 years ago
with 63.4%,you cannot even hope to get DTU,even if you get 320 or anything cbse board result is very very important.you need to get atleast 90%(this is the lower limit)in cbse board and for that you need to give improvement exam of cbse board and then if you score around 250,you will have a pretty decent chance....this may sound bitter my friend but it is true
your board percentage is very low and with any sort of marks in jee main you cannot,even to be eligible to write jee advanced you need to score >75%
but,work hard and you will.
you can consult with any other student who has given board this year..
abhishek singh
40 Points
9 years ago
 yah vineet you are right .. i got 83% in cbse board this year and 191 in mains and my rank was around 62000  ( yes sixty two thousand ) and  i got nothing ,, but am not giving the board and hope to secure 260 above in mains to secure IIIT Delhi or other IIIT.’S cause they dont take normalised score of mains .. but my target is for advance .So frmnd you must re attempt the board
vineet chatterjee
42 Points
9 years ago
then try for iiit hyderabad..i have hears that CS of iiit hyderabad is best after iit bombay..i am also dropping an year..study hard..good luck!!
abhishek singh
40 Points
9 years ago
yah correct !! IIIT hyderabad’s CS is really of top class
sajid
615 Points
8 years ago
As foar as the marks obtained in the CBSE are concerned, you are eligible to apply for DTU and other colleges. About the score that you stated, is a pretty decent score but don’t limit yourself and put your best foot forward, go for that extra mile, and get a better score to secure your safe slot.DTU considers a combined score of JEE mains and CBSE in the ratio 60:40 so you might have to compensate for the CBSE score with the JEE Mains

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free