seat allotment in nits for sc category students is done on the the basis of overall air or category air ? I hav got overall air 157716 and category air 6355 can get admission in nit trichy,surathkal,warangal,calicut,nagpur,rourkela,suratn,nirma,daiict or pdpu pls reply, if I dont get admission in any of the above mentioned colleges I wud hav to take a drop so pls help me in making a decion as soon as possible.

seat allotment in nits for sc category students is done on the the basis of overall air or category air ? I hav got overall air 157716 and category air 6355 can get admission in nit trichy,surathkal,warangal,calicut,nagpur,rourkela,suratn,nirma,daiict or pdpu pls reply, if I dont get admission in any of the above mentioned colleges I wud hav to take a drop so pls help me in making a decion as soon as possible.

Grade:12

3 Answers

Akshit Matthew
80 Points
8 years ago
Brother I also belong to SC
Akshit Matthew
80 Points
8 years ago
this is the confusion for most of the category students so let me make it clear that the CRL rank is considered for seat allotement and the category rank has nothing to do with seat allotement it is like a joke to the students it does not make any difference if they show it or not and based on your rank be patient fill the choices you want and wait for more rounds and you will get an NIT I am sure but dont fill the branches you dont want otherwise if they allot you any low branch then you will be out of counselling so choice wisely. 
Ayushmaan Vardhan
804 Points
8 years ago
Well....I generally don’t prefer suggesting a student to drop a year, you could have worked hard in your first attempt only and to talk about allocation of seats criteria,   let me tell you that the seats are alloted on the basis of AIR and the category rank is meant for relaxation in case of selection of branch or institution etc,......if you could not make it this year and have made up your mind to drop, then keep in mind these few points –Stay focused on your studies and keep in mind that one must focus on Physics, Chem and Maths, try to fortify these three, take some coaching classes from a reputed place like Akash Inst etc, then to download previous years’ question paper of JEE mains and advanced and practice solving them, try to enhance speed to answer maximum questions in lesser possible time and finally appear in Jee mains – do well – then appear in JEE Advanced – do well again, It would be better if you would mix the subjects that is do Physics for two-three days, then, may be shift to some topic of Chemistry or Math. This would help keeping things not-exhausting.Now, once you have brushed up a topic, solve some random problems from a book specifically on that topic.Now the most important task during all this is to mark the examples or formulae you find difficult to remember and then keep an eye on IITs/NITs counselling rounds and thus institutions are allotted otherwise there may be second option to visit the official websites of some renowned institutions offering technical studies....to name a few – MVJ College of Engg, Bangalore,..........NMAM inst of Tech, Karkala Tulk,..............Lovely Professional Uni, Phagwara,.............BITS Pilani

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free