I have a choice between NIT Surathkal, Warangal and Trichy and I want to take CS only (Passion reasons). want to pursue MS. PhD. in CS from Foreign universities. So which of the three NITs should I choose, so as to 1) Maximize my chances of getting in Ivy League institutions. 2) Participate in International and National level competitions in Programming (i mean CS related) 3) Enjoy Programming atmosphere 4) Placement should be ultimate. Is there any difference between the placements of NIT S/W/T ?? And I also saw NIT Trichy in ACM ICPC Rankings and IIIT Hyderabad besides IIT Delhi and Kanpur. Does that show anything ?? I dont have to go for 1) IAS, Civil Services 2) MBA stuff. Would prefer if someone pursuing CS in any of the IITs answers the question. Thank you !!

I have a choice between NIT Surathkal, Warangal and Trichy and I want to take CS only (Passion reasons). want to pursue MS. PhD. in CS from Foreign universities. So which of the three NITs should I choose, so as to 1) Maximize my chances of getting in Ivy League institutions. 2) Participate in International and National level competitions in Programming (i mean CS related) 3) Enjoy Programming atmosphere 4) Placement should be ultimate. Is there any difference between the placements of NIT S/W/T ?? And I also saw NIT Trichy in ACM ICPC Rankings and IIIT Hyderabad besides IIT Delhi and Kanpur. Does that show anything ?? I dont have to go for 1) IAS, Civil Services 2) MBA stuff. Would prefer if someone pursuing CS in any of the IITs answers the question. Thank you !! 

Grade:12

2 Answers

Saurabh Kumar
askIITians Faculty 2400 Points
8 years ago
Then, you should opt CS at NIT trichy > NIT W > NIT Surathkal..
There would be good options after having graduation in CS disciple....
Soneel Verma
823 Points
8 years ago
Go for NIT Trichy and you can also draw a comparison between some other renowned institutions offering engineering programs, thsi way you may get a clear picture of features being offered at some other places so that you may make a right choice....you can visit the official websites of these – DIT Uni, Dehradun.......Lovely Professional uni, Punjab,.............PSG College of Tech, Coimbtore.......Siddaganga Inst of Tech, Tumkur

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free