Hi my JEE mains rank is 16910. My home state is Kerala. I`m confused as to which college o should join. I have taken ECE as a backup. I have no interests as such. My only concern is that I have minimum to do with Mechanics (Rotation,momentum,collision etc) and waves. That`s all. Any opinions?

Hi my JEE mains rank is 16910. My home state is Kerala. I`m confused as to which college o should join. I have taken ECE as a backup. I have no interests as such. My only concern is that I have minimum to do with Mechanics (Rotation,momentum,collision etc) and waves. That`s all. Any opinions?

Grade:12th pass

3 Answers

Rahul Dhiman
37 Points
7 years ago
If you don’t want to go with ECE then you can go for EE which is very interesting and core branch whose scope is always there. It is a evergreen branch. You can opt for it at any time. But it is rarely available and college very much matters in case of it like BIT, LPU, SRM etc....
Sachin Prasad
12 Points
7 years ago
Thanks. I forgot to mention that i took ECE at VIT as backup. what are your thoughts on Chemical engg vs Civil engg vs Production at NIT C? I heard chemical is hard?

Umakant biswal
5349 Points
7 years ago
@ sachin 
No, chemical is not actually hard . and even if u are well versed with chemistry in these 2 years , 
but as u mentioned that u have minimum to do with mechanics . then u can go for electronics that is EEE . 
and yes , its a good branch ,. but ECE in vit chennai is not good , but in vit vellore , its excellent . 
u can choose that , 2nd preference is civil engg but there u have to somehow deal with mechanics . 
and 3rd is chemical engg , but donot go for production engg , that doesnot have any demand here , now a days . 
all the best ..

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free