while going through the previous years ranks and allotment of seats in NITS, I observed that HS - Home state seats are alloted for eg. for a particular branch say mechnical engg. in nit- STATE TAMILNADU, RANKS BETEEEN 4700 TO 7500 DOES IT MEAN THAT IF A CANDIDATE RESIDING - NATIE OF tn HAS GOT An A I RANK BETWEEN 4700 TO 7500 willbe ALLOTTED THE COURSE NIT TRICHY KINDLY CLARIFY

while going through the previous years ranks and allotment of seats in NITS, I observed that HS - Home state  seats are alloted  for eg.  for a particular branch say mechnical engg. in nit- STATE TAMILNADU, RANKS BETEEEN 4700 TO 7500  DOES IT MEAN THAT IF A CANDIDATE RESIDING  - NATIE OF tn HAS GOT An  A I  RANK BETWEEN 4700 TO 7500 willbe ALLOTTED THE COURSE NIT TRICHY KINDLY CLARIFY

Grade:12

1 Answers

Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert
148 Points
14 years ago

Dear uma

If you will clear AIEEE .then you will get both State Rank and All india Rank. in your result card.

The example you maintion "for a particular branch say mechnical engg. in nit- STATE TAMILNADU, RANKS BETEEEN 4700 TO 7500" 

it means to get admission in that NIT ,candidate should belong to that state and his/her state rank must be within that limit.

then only he can get admission in that NIT.  nad for a candidate who is not belong to that state will not able  get admission  in that state even if his/her state rank lies on that limit.

he/she can only get admission in that NIT with the help of ALL india rank only.

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can.
 If you find any question Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly.
 We are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE  & AIEEE preparation.

All the best.

Regards,
Askiitians Experts
Badiuddin

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free