Hi i am anshul garg I am having a doubt regarding my admissions. I have 2 options: 1. Mechanical in IIT PUNJAB 2. Electronics in PEC. What to do? Whether i should go for iit due to its brand name or i should go for pec? Actualy i have a 3rd option also i.e. Computer Sc. in BITS HYDERABAD. Please help me decide what to do DO EXPLAIN YOUR ANSWER

Hi i am anshul garg
I am having a doubt regarding my admissions. I have 2 options: 1. Mechanical in IIT PUNJAB
2. Electronics in PEC.
What to do?
Whether i should go for iit due to its brand name or i should go for pec?
Actualy i have a 3rd option also i.e. Computer Sc. in BITS HYDERABAD.
Please help me decide what to do
DO EXPLAIN YOUR ANSWER

Grade:Upto college level

5 Answers

AskiitiansExpert Milanshu
9 Points
14 years ago

hey,

m glad you asked this doubt with us, coz these days many of the students facing same kind of problem that whether to take new iit or some other college.

You already would know that iit is one of best engg college in world. Although iit punjab opened last year only , but the thing that most matter is that you are getting admission in one of the renouned college. And obviously in 3-4 years in future,. iit punjab will grip its roots properly and also you will find yourself to be at same level as of students of other old iits.

so it would be better to take iit punjab, and try to give your best to that college and also try to take opportunities that iit are providing to have a better future.

9 Points
14 years ago

hey,

m glad you asked this doubt with us, coz these days many of the students facing same kind of problem that whether to take new iit or some other college.

You already would know that iit is one of best engg college in world. Although iit punjab opened last year only , but the thing that most matter is that you are getting admission in one of the renouned college. And obviously in 3-4 years in future,. iit punjab will grip its roots properly and also you will find yourself to be at same level as of students of other old iits.

so it would be better to take iit punjab, and try to give your best to that college and also try to take opportunities that iit are providing to have a better future.

9 Points
14 years ago

hey,

mechanical is also a very good branch. so in future also there would not be any problem regarding job in this branch.

askiitian.expert- chandra sekhar
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi Anshul,

Considering your options you should opt for Electronics in PEC,even though there is brand name for the IIT,punjab..since it's newly established you better go with PEC..

ALL THE BEST.!!

9 Points
14 years ago

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0in; margin-right:0in; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} p {mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-margin-top-alt:auto; margin-right:0in; mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto; margin-left:0in; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:12.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman","serif"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in; mso-header-margin:.5in; mso-footer-margin:.5in; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} -->

hey,

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free