sir , my aieee forth round seat alloted in kalinga institute at E.T.C. Branch . sir i apply to fifth round conselling .i want to any nit in any branch. please tell me about kalinga university and its placements.

sir , my aieee forth round seat alloted in kalinga institute at E.T.C.  Branch . sir i apply to fifth round conselling .i want to any nit in any branch. please tell me about kalinga university and its placements.

Grade:12

1 Answers

AskIITianExpert Srijan.iitd
8 Points
14 years ago

hi,

kalinga university is a reputed university and your branch is also ver good.you may get a better college in next round but you can also take admission in kalinga.

KIIT University (earlier Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology) (Hindi: ????? ??????????? ?? ??????????? ??????????, IPA: [Kali?ga I?sticyut oph I??astriyal Teknolaji]) is a co-educational, autonomous university located at Bhubaneswar in the Indian state of Orissa. It was one of the youngest institutions to be awarded the deemed university status in India and then the university status in 2004 and is recognised by Limca Book of Records.The University offers under-graduate and post-graduate courses in Engineering, Bio-technology, Management, Law, Computer application, Rural management, Fashion, Film Studies, Journalism and Sculpturing. It has been ranked as 16 th in India, 5 th among private universities, and 4 th in the eastern region in the year 2009 by Times of India.It has also been ranked 18 th among private engineering institutes and 7 th in placement in 2008 by Outlook India. KIIT School of Management has been nominated as the mentor institution by AICTE for conducting faculty development programme in eastern India.

KIIT was established in 1992 as an Industrial Training Institute with only 12 students and 2 faculties.This institution was the brainchild of Pradyumna Bal, Dr.Achyuta Samanta, Dr P.K Mishra and Dr C.R Mishra who had together envisioned a profound center of learning in India and so pursued to lay the foundation of KIIT. In 1997, the School of Technology and the School of Computer Application  was established. In 2004 it was conferred the status of university, becoming the youngest institute to get university status in India and entered the Limca Book of Records. School of Biotechnology, School of Rural Management, School of Medicine and KIIT Law School were started in 2007.In 2009 five new schools, School of Mass Communication, School of Design, School of Film Studies School of Tourism and Hospitality Management and School of Sculpture has been established.Currently more than 12000 students are enrolled in various courses of the university.

PLACEMENT

KIIT University has achieved record placement in all streams for its graduates passing out in 2009. This is a repeat of performance from last many years showing that KIIT students enjoy special preference of recruiters. It is incredible that KIIT has been able to place almost all its graduates comfortably and gainfully through campus placement at a time when global recession has dampened the job prospect across most campuses in India and globe.

Campus placement organized in different schools of KIIT University - School of Technology (B.Tech and M.Tech), School of Management (MBA), School of Rural Management (MBA in Rural Management), School of Computer Application (MCA) and School of Biotechnology (M.Sc. in Biotechnology) - was beyond all expectations.

“There is no recession in KIIT; we are preferred for its brand”, quipped a jubilant B.Tech student, who bagged offer letter from Tata Consultancy Service (TCS), summing up upbeat mood of the students. The School of Technology has recorded 92% placement, with 345 students bagging offer letters from TCS alone. The achievement is effectively cent percent as the remaining 8% students opted out of campus placement to pursue higher studies or join the family business. These include more than 50 students who have already qualified for higher studies in IITs, IIMs, IISc and foreign universities.

The School of Technology traditionally enjoys the best placement among all schools of KIIT University. This time total 60 companies, including TCS, Wipro, Infosys, IBM, Vedanta and Shapoorji, participated in the campus recruitment programme. The highest pay of Rs. 6.5 lac p.a. was offered by Tata Steel, while the average salary was Rs. 4.2 lac p.a.. Even the School of Computer Application recorded 80% placement, despite the fact that IT Sector has been one of the worst hit by ongoing global economic meltdown.

The School of Management also scripted a cent percent record with 40 companies, including HDFC Bank, TCS, HCL, Axis Bank, SIDBI, Nestle, etc., participating in the on-campus placement exercise. Average pay offered was Rs. 4.5 lac.

School of Biotechnology and School of Rural Management, two new schools founded in 2007, surprised the academicians with the overwhelming response of companies for its 1st Batch of students. Despite the fact that campus placement of Biotechnology graduates in the country does not take place in a big way, the School of Biotechnology of KIIT University attracted 16 reputed corporate names for MSc (Biotechnology) graduates, thanks to the efforts by Dr. Mrutyunjay Suar, its Director. These companies include Intas Biopharmaceuticals, ILS, Excel Life Sciences, Cryo-Save and Mahyco. Similarly, total 20 companies recruited from the School of Rural Management, functioning under dynamic leadership of Dr. L. K. Vaswani.

Shri N. V. Shastry, Dy Director - Placement, KIIT University attributed the excellent placement to high quality of students and performance of its alumni. KIIT’s unique focus on overall development of its students and brand building helped its students to beat recession, said Dr. A. Samanta, Founder of KIIT Group of Institutions.

While the global recession is likely to deepen in 2010, academicians have expressed hope that students of KIIT will not have problem in getting placed due to the excellent inputs and brand name of the institute.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free