Hi, I want to know two things: Is Mechanical Engg good for Girls? My sis is getting Mech Engg in NIT Surat,Is it a good option Compared to Mech Engg In HBTI? Regards, Ankit

Hi,

I want to know two things:

Is Mechanical Engg good for Girls?

My  sis is getting Mech Engg in NIT Surat,Is it a good option Compared to Mech Engg In HBTI?

Regards,

Ankit

Grade:Upto college level

3 Answers

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

There's nothing lyk girls cannot do mechanical engineering , they do equally good as boys in mechanical or civil engineering. NIT Surat is a much better choice than HBTI Kanpur, and is a good decision. NIT Surat is one of the top NITs in India and has gt good faculty and infrastructure.

U can see the placement rankings from this link engineering4edu.wordpress.com/2009/06/27/top-indian-engineering-schools-ranked-by-placement-record/  . NIT Surat is way up HBTI Kanpur in overall rankings too , so it wud be a better option.

Ankit Gupta
8 Points
14 years ago

Hi,

Thanks for the valuable advice given.

Please clarify on following:

Please draw a conclusion on following choices:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.ECE in HBTI

2.Mech Engg in NIT,Surat 

3.CS in IET,Lucknow.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

also i would like to know from you is there any internal shifting in AIEEE Colleges and Courses after fourth round

for the students already taken admission officialy.

Regards,

Ankit

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

NIT Surat mechanical engineering is good. Doing a B.Tech Degree from a reputed college adds to ur resume more than doing a better branch from any college. ECE is although the favorites among the topper students in top institutes bt comparing HBTI and NIT Surat, one is bound to say that NIT Surat is a much better place to study.

You can see the placement statistics for nit surat from the following link www.svnit.ac.in/tnp/pastyears.pdf  .

one can still think about comparing ECE in HBTI to Mech in Surat , but comparing mech in both the colleges then NIT Surat has to be the first choice.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free