Respected Sir, I have been offerd electrical in JAIPUR UNIVERSITY but i am interested in joining NIT JALANDHAR through second counselling.I wanted to know how i can apply for second counselling

Respected Sir,

I have been offerd electrical in JAIPUR UNIVERSITY but i am interested in joining NIT JALANDHAR through second counselling.I wanted to know how i can apply for second counselling

Grade:Upto college level

2 Answers

piyush garg
9 Points
14 years ago

you need not to apply for second counselling you had to register by 28 june then if you not get seat in ist round they will automatically consider you for second counselling

AskiitianExpert Shine
10 Points
14 years ago

Hi

Form-2 is an institution only selection form. This form comes into the action after Form-1 processing has taken place and you have not got any branch+institution that you had mentioned in your Form-1. So if you filled Form-2 then if there is any vacant seat(dropout seat) in any of the institutions selected by you in Form-2, then you would get that institution. After that you will be required to go to that institute and they would allocate you the branch based upon vacant seat and your rank.

There would also be a second counseling against dropout seats from first counseling. . Some of these institutes, if they have a few dropout seats, then they sometimes conduct separate independent counselings in August, for which you have to keep your eye on the newspapers!!

u keep urself updated with all the dates and starting of the second counselling.

Last years schedule was as follows:

: Admission (Reporting at PIs), Form 2 Processing and Second Round Counselling Schedule

S. No.

Events

Dates

Physical Reporting at PIs or Remote Reporting at designated counselling centre by Candidates after On-campus Counselling-Phase II

July 5 to 20, 2008

Publication of ‘dropout’ Seats

July 21, 2008

Form 2 Processing

July 22, 2008

Publication of Result of Form 2 Processing

July 23, 2008

Physical Reporting at PIs after Form 2 Processing

July 23 to 28, 2008

Branch Allotment in PIs using Rank Based Sliding

July 28 to 30, 2008

Publication of Branch Allotment Result (at PIs)

July 30, 2008

Publication of Vacant Seats for Second Round of Counselling

August 1, 2008

Online Choice Filling Second Round of Counselling

August 2 to 4, 2008

Publication of Result of seat allotment Second Round of Counselling

August 4, 2008

Physical Reporting at PIs after seat allotment of Second Round of Counselling

August 5 to August 9, 2008

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free