1+m+m^2+.......+m^(n-1) is

6 years ago

Answers : (1)

Dear Manan Bhavsar,

Ans:- The series is a GP series with common ratio m

Then it's sum is=(1-m^n)/(1-m)

Now as m is the n th root of unity then, m^n=0

Hence the sum is 0 (ans).

Please feel free to post as many doubts on our discussion forum as you can. If you find any question
Difficult to understand - post it here and we will get you the answer and detailed solution very quickly. We
are all IITians and here to help you in your IIT JEE preparation.

All the best Manan Bhavsar  !!!

Askiitians Experts
Soumyajit Das IIT Kharagpur

6 years ago

Post Your Answer

Other Related Questions on AIEEE Entrance Exam

I have got 140 marks in jee mains and 91% in cbse board .I am in general category .in which nit and brancges I cam take admission.?
Chances of getting NIT is very rare...except under state quota benifit..
Saurabh Kumar 4 months ago
Dear Student, getting at an NIT with this score seem to be a far fetched dream, no issues There is another way out that may be opted for . Rest assured these institutions are being run by...
Aneesh Sehgal 4 months ago
hi anurag use the branch and college predictor to predict your college and branch. please follow the link thanks and...
SAHIL 4 months ago
I have got a rank of 8799 in jee mains. Would I get cse at bit mesra as its cutofff last year was around 8900 in the 3 rd round and even higher in 4 th round
Yes, you will get it easily!
Rohit Bharti one year ago
Yes there are quite bright chances for you to get a seat at Mesra, can check it on your own as well by visiting the official weblink of Mesra and find out the current...
Ayushmaan Vardhan one year ago
You must directly visit the official link of Josaa to get the current status and to find ourt where do you stand, if you cracked it this time, well and good otherwise you may seek admission ...
Soneel Verma one year ago
Hi my JEE mains rank is 16910. My home state is Kerala. I`m confused as to which college o should join. I have taken ECE as a backup. I have no interests as such. My only concern is that I...
If you don’t want to go with ECE then you can go for EE which is very interesting and core branch whose scope is always there. It is a evergreen branch. You can opt for it at any time. But...
Rahul Dhiman 4 months ago
@ sachin No, chemical is not actually hard . and even if u are well versed with chemistry in these 2 years , but as u mentioned that u have minimum to do with mechanics . then u can go for...
Umakant biswal 3 months ago
Thanks. I forgot to mention that i took ECE at VIT as backup. what are your thoughts on Chemical engg vs Civil engg vs Production at NIT C? I heard chemical is hard?
Sachin Prasad 4 months ago
I have done 105 question in neet 2016 and out of that I had done 25 question wrong .pl tell how much marks I am getting because I don't know how to do negative marking
Dear student You will be getting 295 marks.
Bhavya 5 months ago
Hi, NO sir his score is 395 not 295 4 per ans and 1 mark deducted from total score... (i think u have multiplied -5* 25) BEST OF LUCK!!
Beenu Mathew 5 months ago
your score is 395. try to get more marks in next exam thanks and best of luck for future regards sahil
SAHIL 5 months ago
I am a St candidate and getting 420 marks in aipmt can I get any MBBS colleges in Delhi..(outside delhi)
@ prashant chances seems less for mbbs . but rest assure u will get it in afmc pune , or cmc vellore maybe . but in delhi u can get lower mbbs college , and in MAMC nd vmmc is quite...
Umakant biswal 2 months ago
Sir, I want to know that to get CS or IT branch in any of the seven IIT's want minimum rank or the position I must took in merit list so that I may able to get this branch in IIT's....
Dear sarvesh Gupta Please check the given link to know the detail of opening and closing rank of different branch of all the IITs. Please...
Badiuddin askIITians.ismu Expert 6 years ago
View all Questions »

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details
Get extra R 3,750 off

• Complete JEE Main/Advanced Course and Test Series
  • OFFERED PRICE: R 15,000
  • View Details

Get extra R 3,750 off

More Questions On AIEEE Entrance Exam

Ask Experts