Why is repulsion sure test for magnetisim?and what is world largest magnet? what is the process of weaving?

•  Why is  repulsion sure test for magnetisim?and what is world largest  magnet?
  • what is the process of weaving?
  •  

Grade:6

6 Answers

dhanush
29 Points
6 years ago
This is because , Repulsion takes place only between two likes poles of a magnet whereas attraction takes place between two unlike poles of a magnet and also  between a magnet and a magnetic material . So by attraction it cannot be surely identified the substance is a magnet or not . So , repulsion is the sure test of magnetism .
Sreekutty
12 Points
6 years ago
Main properties of magnet include attraction and repulsion . As we know unlike poles attract and like poles Repel . magnetic substances are also ATTRACTED to the magnet so we cannot depend on attracting property but we can say repulsion is a true test for magnet substances other than like poles will never repel.i f it is not clear please take 2 magnets and some magnetic substances to conduct the experiment.
Ritika Das
105 Points
6 years ago
We know that the properties of a magnet is that the unlike poles attract each other and like poles repel each other. But if we consider an iron rod, it would also be attracted and to any pole of the mgnet, and we can’t tell in this way if the iron rod is magnetised or not ,nor the charge on the magnet, positive or negative to that of the charge on the iron rod. But if we take two like poles, I mean, that magnet(earlier) and another magnet having same charge, and if the two magnets repel, then the previous one is magnetised for sure. Thus repulsion is a sure test for magnetism. 
Please approve my answer if you liked my explanation!
Ritika Das
105 Points
6 years ago
The world’s largest magnet is our planet Earth itself as its core and mantle contain iron and thus bear magnetic properties and behaves like a huge bar magnet, with the magnetic north Pole on the actual South Pole of the Earth and vice versa. If you are specific about the place on Earth, then the world’s largest magnet, weighing 50,000 tonnes and stated to be several times bigger than the one at the Compact Muon Solenoid Detector at CERN, Geneva, is being designed in the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre(BARC). It is said to be 5,00,000 times stronger than the Earth’s magnetic field. 
sara
13 Points
5 years ago
here I have an activity to show u why repulsion is a sure test for magnetism
MATERIALS NEEDED:2 bar magnets ,thread,a woodstand
PROCEDURE: take a magnet suspend it with the help of a thread.
Now bring one end of a metallic bar near one pole of the suspended magnet at a time if one end of the mettalic bar is attracted and the other one is repelled the metallic bar is a magnet .if both the the ends of the mattalic barare attracted then it is not a magnet.
Hence we can tell that repulsion is the sure test for magnetism.
ankit singh
askIITians Faculty 614 Points
3 years ago
Repulsion takes place only between two likes poles of a magnet whereas attraction takes place between two unlike poles of a magnet and also  between a magnet and a magnetic material . So by attraction it cannot be surely identified the substance is a magnet or not . So , repulsion is the sure test of ma

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free