3. (a) What do you do with the left over food at home? (b) If you and your friends are given the choice of eating in a plastic plate or a banana leaf platter at a party, which one would you prefer and why?

3. (a) What do you do with the left over food at home?

(b) If you and your friends are given the choice of eating in a plastic plate or a banana leaf platter at a party, which one would you prefer and why?

Grade:11

5 Answers

Dinesh
askIITians Faculty 33 Points
9 years ago
Left over food can be used to feed the animals. It can also be given to the needy. Banana leaves are biodegradable and hence can be preferred.

Thanks & Regards,
Dinesh Sajnani
AskIITians Faculty
Adarsh
733 Points
8 years ago
  1. It is better to grow hens in home so that we can give waste food and we get eggs from them.
  2. Banana leaf is better than plastics for disposal.
Sreekutty
12 Points
6 years ago
Listen i hope you have pet animals the leftover food can be used to feed them or you can use a biogas plant which converts the left over food into fuel. About the plates or banana leaf its better to choose banana leaf as it is biodegradable but never chose plastic because its is undegradable substance
Ritika Das
105 Points
6 years ago
  1.  We can create organic and biodegradable manure or the slurry needed for a biogas plant from the leftovers at home or feed it to any stray animal or pets at home.
  2. I would certainly prefer the choice of eating in a banana leaf platter rather than a plastic plate because banana leaf is more cost-effective, hygienic and biodegradable option, while plastics take a million years to decompose!
Amarjit
105 Points
6 years ago
Left over food can be used for the following purposes:-1. Creating manure.2. Feed needy ones.3.feed animals.If not needed at all should be put in seperate dustbin made for biodegradable wastes.I would preffer banana leafs because the are bidegradable as compared to the plastic which takes more than hundred and hundred of years to degrade henceforth polluting the environment.

Think You Can Provide A Better Answer ?

ASK QUESTION

Get your questions answered by the expert for free