IIT JEE Examination Details: Know all that is there to know about JEE Main & JEE Advanced!
Joint Entrance Examination 2014 Exam Details include:
Here you will find a bird eye’s view about all IIT JEE examination details
- Last date to apply for JEE Main 2014 was January 6, 2014. JEE Main serves as an entrance test for NITs, IIITs, other Centrally Funded Technical Institutions (CFTIs) as well as private engineering colleges and state-run technology institutes for states who have adopted the JEE system.
States who have adopted JEE system include Maharashtra, Gujarat and Odisha.
JEE Main also serves as an eligibility test for JEE Advanced exam, which is conducted by the JEE Apex Board to select students for undergraduate engineering programs offered by the IITs and ISM Dhanbad.
From next year, only one (single) JEE exam will take place for all government-funded engineering colleges – including the IITs.
- JEE Main 2014 will have two papers:
- Paper 1 for engineering aspirants, and
- Paper 2 for architecture aspirants.
Paper 1 will have three sections – Physics, Chemistry and Maths. Each section will carry 30 objective-type multiple-choice questions and each question will be worth 4 marks. Total duration of the exam will be three hours. There is negative marking in the exam. Each incorrect answer will carry a penalty of -1 mark.
Paper 2 will have three sections –Maths, Aptitude Test and Drawing Test. First two sections will have objective-type questions while the third section will have questions related to drawing. Total duration of the exam will be three hours.
List of Institutes Participating in the JEE Main Exam
- Exam dates for JEE Main 2014 are:
- April 6, 2014 for Pen-and-Paper Based exam. Paper 1 will be held in the first slot – 9:30 am to 12:30 pm while Paper 2 will be held in the second slot – 2 pm to 5 pm.
- April 9, 11, 12 and 19, 2014 for Computer Based Exam.
- Important eligibility criteria for JEE Main 2014 state that General Category candidates must not be older than 25 years old on October 1, 2014 while SC, ST and PwD Category candidates must not be older than 30 years on that date. Candidates should have appeared for Class 12 for the first time in 2012, 2013 or 2014 to be eligible for the exam.
- Once JEE Main results are declared, Top 1,50,000 rank holders from its various merit lists are eligible to sit for the JEE Advanced exam on the condition that they are also within Top 20 percentile of their respective boards. Know more about JEE Main selection procedure…
- Rest of the students who qualify the exam are eligible for seats in undergraduate engineering programs of engineering colleges other than the IITs.
- Students can sit for JEE Advanced 2014 exams only if they have appeared for Class 12 board exams for 2013 or 2014 for the first time.
- Selection to IITs or ISM Dhanbad is based solely on the All India Rank or category rank of a candidate.
- JEE Advanced exam has two papers – Paper 1 and Paper 2, which are in offline mode.
- Online registration for JEE Advanced 2014 will start from May 4 and continue till 5 pm on May 9, 2014. More about how to apply for JEE Advanced 2014
- The exam date for JEE Advanced 2014 is May 25, 2014. Paper 1 will be held from 9 am to 12 noon while Paper 2 will be held from 2 pm to 5 pm.
- JEE Advanced Admit Card can be downloaded from May 10 to May 24, 2014.
- IIT JEE Result 2014 will be announced on June 19, 2014 and eligible candidates can register from June 20 to 24, 2014.
- From this year, common counselling will take place for IITs, NITs and other engineering colleges.
To get preparation tips for IIT JEE exam or to know about coaching solutions for IIT JEE 2014, contact askIITians experts by filling up the form below: